How to Connect Your Smartphone to NissanConnectSM
Nissan indeed creates “Innovation That Excites”, with NissanConnectSM as a chief example. Year after year, Nissan keeps updating the features to better performance and customer satisfaction For a system that is simple and intuitive to use. Follow us at Ericksen Nissan, your Nissan Edmonton dealership, as we go through the steps of connecting your smartphone to the NissanConnectSM system on your vehicle.
There is good news, you can connect up to 5 compatible Bluetooth devices to your Nissan vehicle with the NissanConnectSM system. The procedure might vary slightly depending on the phone you’re using. To connect your phone, always make sure your vehicle is stationary for your own safety.
Download The Companion App
- Create a Nissan owners portal account. You will need your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), and you will also need to create a username and password.
- Once your account has been created, download the companion app (NissanConnectSM Mobile Apps) from Google Play if you have an Android phone, or from the Apple App store if you have an iPhone.
- Launch the app and select Canada, then sign in with the email, username, and password you previously created when registering on the Nissan owners portal website.
- When you are logged in, you can connect your Android via Bluetooth or your iPhone with a USB cord.
Connecting Via Bluetooth
- Once you have launched and installed the companion app, you will need to connect via Bluetooth.
- Activate the Bluetooth on your device.
- Press the Apps button on the control panel in your vehicle then select Settings on the display screen.
- Find the Bluetooth settings on your phone and press Connect New Device.
- Initiate the connection process from your phone, and your Nissan vehicle will display a pin on the screen and prompt you to verify your device. Select YES to complete the connecting process.
- When your Android device is connected through Bluetooth, you can select which apps you want to activate (e.g. Facebook, Google Search, etc.). Some apps may not be available depending on the Nissan vehicle you have.
Now that your phone is set up, you are ready to enjoy the convenience of accessing your music and social media, as well as being able to place and receive calls from the display control panel. Contact us at Ericksen Nissan if you have more questions about how to connect your smartphone to the NissanConnectSM system.